Monday, September 1, 2014

Potato Corn Chowder - Yes! Soup in the Summer!

Yep... soup in the summer IS what's for dinner.  Especially with this recipe from my CSA - Fresh Fork Market. This soup is incredibly seasonal with fresh corn, potatoes, tomatoes and herbs.  It is also so creamy and satisfying - REAL comfort food!


This soup didn't need any major modification.  It was written vegan and oil-free.  I used coconut milk as in the recipe, but any non-dairy milk can be used.  I also suggest cilantro rather than basil - it just seemed to make more sense to me. Honestly, any fresh herb that suits your personal taste will be fabulous!

Another plus I discovered is that this soup freezes and reheats very well.  Just save the garnishes to add when serving. 

Happy summer soup making! 

No comments:

Post a Comment