Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie

Let me make this clear.  I love chocolate.  I do not eat it all that often,  but when i do, it may be in any variety of ways, shapes and forms.  The really weird thing is that I never crave it.  I, quite possibly, experienced my first chocolate craving yesterday.  If I wanted to bake, I would have made this chocolate cake, because it is the real deal and healthy to boot.  But, even as healthy as it is, I really only needed a single-serving of something chocolaty, and didn't need a whole cake in the house taunting me every time I am in the kitchen. So, I created the next best thing with this Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie.  Oh yeah... it tastes like chocolate cake batter AND it's healthy too!  I try to never make a non-green smoothie.  Is "non-green" even a word?  Well, at least I say it is!  There is no point in not adding greens to your smoothies since you cannot taste them anyway.

This is my own recipe so I do hope you enjoy!
 

Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie
Serves: 1
 
Ingredients
1 cup non-dairy milk of choice
1/2  of a frozen medium-large banana
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special dark)
1 tablespoon natural almond butter (or any nut butter you prefer)
1 tablespoon flax or hemp seeds
Sweetener of choice, to taste
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt (really helps bring out the flavor of the cocoa)
1 good-sized handful of spinach (about 2 cups packed)
5-10 ice cubes - depends on how thick you prefer your smoothie

Directions
Place all ingredients in a blender in the order listed and blend until smooth.  Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment